Friday, December 13, 2013

Holiday Treats!!!

Hello my loves!
 I thought it would be super fun to do a holiday treat section on my blog.. yes, I know it doesn't really go along with the Beauty theme but HEY! A girls gotta eat right? ;) For the remainder of the Holidays I'm going to be letting you in on some of my Fav treats of the season!!

Treat #1: Peppermint Bark!

OMG! This is literally my favorite holiday candy ever! The weird thing is I use to hate mint and chocolate mixed together but for the past few years I have been so obsessed with it! The sad thing is peppermint bark is an expensive treat to be buying all the time :( But have no fear this is one of the easiest treats to make!! It is also super inexpensive too! Just so you know I did actually make this a few days ago and used the recipe below. I did have some trouble with the layers separating but I looked online and found an awesome way to prevent that from happening. This is how, after pouring the white chocolate onto the dark you simple use a spoon or fork and mix the two layers slightly to create a swirl pattern! Super easy fix to that issue and looks great too! (Just make sure you don't mix the layers too much!) 

Peppermint Bark Recipe!


I hope you enjoy this simple sweet treat! :)
With love and holiday joy! -xoxo Amelia 
P.S. If you aren't into making your own my all time fav peppermint bark that you buy can be found at William-Sonoma! :) 


1 comment:

  1. Delicious :-) Will have to try. Thanks for sharing :-)

    x Roch & Tash x
    www.next-route-style.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete